Our Privacy Statement:
Your privacy is very important to The Allergy and Asthma Center, PC. It is our commitment to respect and protect your privacy as a visitor to http://www.allergyasthmacenter.com. This Privacy Statement describes the practices and policies we have put into place to safeguard your personal and health-related personal information that may be gathered and used as you visit our Web site.
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
The policy can change from time to time so please check back periodically. If you have any questions about our privacy policies, we encourage you to contact us using any of the methods outlined at the end of our Privacy Statement.
Collecting the Information?
The Allergy and Asthma Center, PC is collecting information on this Web site as outlined in this privacy statement.
Information Do We Collect?
Automatic Collection of Information:
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the web site or download information, our system will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally and is used in an aggregate way to help us improve our web site and tell us the number of visitors to our site each day.
Our Web server automatically collects and records the following information:
- Aggregate information on what pages are accessed
- Date and time you access our site
Permission-based Collection of Information:
At different places on our site depending upon the feature you use, you may be asked to volunteer personal and health-related information such as your name, email, mailing address, telephone number, and health history.
The following information is collected with your permission at this Web site:
- Anonymous user survey information
- Personal information/identification gathered at users discretion
- The names and e-mail addresses of those who use a feedback form
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
The information we gather automatically and with your permission during your visit to our Web site is used in the following ways:
- Monitor, review, measure, and analyze Web site utilization
- Modify and enhance the Web site
- Improve the content and design of our Web site
- Determine the need for new programs and services
- Respond to your requests / questions
- Monitor the changing health information needs of site visitors
- Monitor and improve our customer service efforts
- Distribute news and other health information requested by site visitors
- Determine the effectiveness of health promotion and marketing programs
With Whom Will the Information Be Shared?
The personally identifiable information gathered during your visit to http://www.allergyashtmacenter.com is gathered for the sole use of The Allergy and Asthma Center, PC and will not be shared with any individual or organization for any purpose.
Access and Correction of Personal Information
Review of Personal Information
Site visitors may not access information we have collected.
Many Web sites now use "cookies" to provide useful features to their visitors by providing customizable and personalized services.
Your browser software can be set to reject all cookies, or to ask you if you would like to accept or decline a cookie from a particular site before it is set. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the Help section of the toolbar. You should know, however, that if you reject a cookie, certain functions and conveniences of a site might not work properly.
- To record past activity at a site in order to provide better service when visitors return to our site, such as points of interest.
**We will never link the cookie to your personal information and/or health-related information
We are especially concerned about protecting children's privacy. We hope parents and teachers are involved in children's Internet explorations. It is particularly important for parents to guide their children when children are asked to provide personal information on line.
Our site does not feature information and services of interest to children 13 and under
Security of Communications
We recognize that many people are concerned about the privacy and protection of information as it is transmitted over the Internet. You should keep in mind that the possibility exists for unauthorized individuals to intercept any email message you send over the Internet. In some cases, information can be encrypted (scrambled or encoded) to make it very difficult to read if it is intercepted during communication. Certain technology and practices allow Web sites to provide an increased level of security for your personal and health-related information when appropriate.
We use the following practices on our Web site to enhance the level of security for communication and the transmission of personal information:
- We always use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site
- We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personally identifiable information that you may provide.
- We use e-mail forms to allow our customers to ask questions about our services, programs and to make "non-emergency" inquiries of a health care professional. These are hosted on a secure server, but the possibility still exists that unauthorized individuals may intercept email messages.
E-Commerce, On-line Donations, and Online Shopping
Purchasing items or making donations over the Internet usually requires you to provide your personal identifying information and credit card information on a Web site. Many people have become accustomed to on-line commerce as a timesaving and useful convenience. There are a number of practices that can make providing your sensitive credit card information more secure and therefore make you feel more comfortable about doing so.
At this time, we do not process credit card payments for donations, merchandise, or services on our Web site.
Links to Other Sites
This site includes links to non-affiliated external Web sites. We have the following practices:
If our information practices change at some time in the future, we have the following practices:
- We will post the policy changes to our Web site to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our Web site periodically.
Web Site Contact Information
The Allergy and Asthma Center, PC
7222 Engle Rd, Suite 300
Fort Wayne, IN 46804
This privacy statement was last modified on Monday, February 17 2009.